Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Cure for the Reluctant Reader- Magic School Bus CHAPTER BOOKS, yes I said chapter books

I have heard so many parents say "Magic School Bus, well I really do not like those books."  Parents admit they are really good informational books, but they just do not like how cluttered they are.  Oh but the TV show, WOW parents LOVE the tv show. And personally I too am a big fan of the show, but not the books!  I have since discovered that MOST parents have yet to discover the CHAPTER books, and it is my honor to introduce them to you if you have not yet been introduced.  I LOVE these books!  My 2nd grade science curriculum was based off these books!  These books were so good I had my son read them TWICE! Science, fun and adventure!!!  Who could go wrong with that?
 These books are geared to 7 to 10  year old's, and grades 2nd to 5th.  I found that each book I enjoyed adding experiments and other information to help bring it to life.
 The main series there are 20 books.  There is a wide variety of themes like bats, bones, whale watching, space, twisters, space travel insects sharks, electricity, and much more.  It has all the same kids you have come to love on the show.  And each book has a different child's point of view!

  Mrs Frizzle is , well, still Mrs. Frizzle.  Dorathy Ann is still the know it all, Carlos still tells jokes, Pheobe still says "at my old school" Arnold is still worried about everything and Liz is still so darn cool!  Can you tell even I am still a fan after all these years! 
After the main series there are a few Magic Bus Fact Finders for like bats, space and bones and there are 4 additional books on like Flodds and earthquakes.  I hope that you check these out and that your children will find them as fun as we did and get a little more science in!

No comments:

Post a Comment