Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Cure for Reluctant Readers- Hank the Cow Dog

It's me Hank the Cow Dog (not really)  head of ranch security, and I hear there are some little cowboys that are considered relookant, reluckant, reluctant readers.  That just means that they have not found any books that they love to read.  It is my job to give these little cowboys and girls some good yarns to follow and  as head of ranch security, I go on many adventures and meet many different friends.
On my many adventures I meet many interesting characters.  First there is Drover, my trusty right hand man who seems to always have a bad leg when there is danger.  Then the love of my life Beulah, oh Beulah, my beautiful collie.  Only problem is she thinks she is in love with a stupid bird dog names Plato.  But then there is Missy Coyote, but her dumb brother Scraunch want to kill me.  I sure have had some good times with Rip and Snort the coyote brother, but they are not the smartest coyotes.  Have I mentioned Pete, Pete the barncat!  Pete is just your typical dumb cat!    Then there is Madame Moonshine a mystic owl who helped me once get out of a little problem with Rufus the doberman pincer.


Then there are the humans.  First there is Slim Chance, he is just a ranch hand, but he treats me and Drover good and sometimes gives me bits of his sandwiches.  He often takes me out to help him work or into town and that can lead to an adventure or 2.  But lets just say he has saved me a few times from trouble, like when I was almost caught by the animal patrol. Then there is Little Alfred, Sally Mays son.  Little Alfred  and Hank have a special relationship and Hank says it is his sacred duty  "to protect and defend all innocent children against all manner of monsters and evil things."

I sure can spin a yarn or two or maybe about 65 of them.  There are plenty of books to read for our little cowboys and cowgirls.  I have been framed for eating chickens, made Sally May mad at me for eating my steaks, saved Madame Moonshine from the coyotes, Lived with the coyotes for awhile, drank mop water and took on Rufus, had adventures with a violin playing fox, saved a littler of cats and many many more!


And if you can't get enough of me, you can listen to my adventures on long car rides and all through the day on CD's.  You will love to hear my songs like "Ignoramus"  , "Don't Get Your News From a Chicken" or "Trudy Trudy What a Beauty" on the Cd's and you can even get the greatest hits CD's.

You can also visit the official Hank the Cowdog website!

No comments:

Post a Comment