Monday, April 7, 2014

Future peanut farmer!

When I was a little girl, I remember just being mesmerized and fascinated by a pulled up peanut plant with little peanuts hanging from it's roots.  It is like a photograph in my brain, and it's inspired me to share it with my son this month.


                                                                                      
                                                                                                                                                                    I bought the  Dunecraft Sprout an d grow peanut kit and I borrowed "A Weed Is A Flower" by Aliki from the library and we started our new adventure.  I had my son read me the book and I was am amazed that  I still had not read a book about George Washington Carver!!!  I was so very touched and amazed by his story!  We had so many wonderful conversations about this Renaissance Man!  I truly have a new hero!  I can not encourage you enough, that if you have never read about him, you should!  This man has a wonderful story and aI hope that he inspired my son to be his best no matter what!

After we read our book, and planted our seeds, I have my son write about his experiences in his science journal.
       
Another fun and exciting day in the Fox Household!

No comments:

Post a Comment