Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Sushi even your child would eat!

I love love love to try new and unique items, and when I came across Kracie candy sets, I knew that I just had to try it!
When I ordered my Popin'cookin' sushi candy set  it had to be shipped from Japan, but that was a part of the fun and adventure to us!  I try really hard to encourage my future Renaissance Man to explore different cultures and what is more fun to anticipate a package from Japan.  The packaging is all in Japanese, and so are the instructions, but do not fear, there is always youtube to the rescue.  So I simply went to, KraciePopin'cookin' Japanese Sushi candy and followed along with the video.
I helped my son follow the directions, and I thought that the little roe was fascinating to make because you had to add droplets to a solution.  Then after in the tray they make the candy, they have to form the little sushi candies.

And EAT!  
Fun, interesting and he got to explore a different culture in a fun way!  
I also have a Bento Box candy kit and a donut kit.  I am looking forward to seeing how my son handles trying to deccifer the instructions on the box.. They are visually set up, step by step, and I want to see how he will draw on his past experiences  to figure out the challenge.  I know the results will be fun and actually they were enjoyable to eat!

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you always find things to stimulate your kid to explore new food, art and cultures! Very important for a youngster :-)
    Hugs for Janice,

    Hans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hans,
      You are definitely a wonderful inspiration for what a Renaissance Man should be! You are amazing and you have such an amazing life!
      Hug, Janice

      Delete